Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Mystery Journal of Aloe, Vol.1

I came home after my visit with Dr. Brady. Sat down at my desk and... pretty much felt depressed. I sometimes get like this. There are moments that I feel genuinely disconnected from the world I live in. I always get over these feelings, but they tend to be unbearable as they occur.

A funny thing happened this time around. I figured I'd do a bit of writing just to settle my nerves (it usually works for me.) I never did get around to it. Before I could get started, I noticed something on my desk that should not have been there. It was a page with writing on it. It wasn't mine. I had nothing to do with any of it.

The page seemed to be an entry from a journal belonging to someone named Aloe. I swear this thing just magically appeared on my desk. After reading it over and realizing the context of it, I quickly got out my scanner to make a quick image-to-text transference. The following is the unedited (typos included) text found in the entry:

XX/XX/201X

Ok, ok, ok. It's not as bad as it seems. It's not as bad as it seems. I just want to look forward now. It's going to be ok. As soon as this cut heals I'm not going to look back again. 

Alright, I got a job. Enzo, the ever dirty and big eared hyena got me a job. It's in Scritch City, the same place that I was going to find myself in anyway since that's the only place my family's reach doesn't extend to. It's almost as if Enzo knew just what I needed... Hell, that's less of a thought and more of a literal the more I think about it. I know how fast word travels in this city. He probably heard about my mistake sooner than my... ex-family did...

Anyway! I have a job in Scritch City. Details Aloe! The client is unknown which is... odd to say the least. Enzo doesn't mess around with people who are not willing to share their details. That's a huge disadvantage for us and even beginner informants know this. I didn't understand for the life of me why he agreed to accept this job, but the down payment and the fact that it was just a quarter of what was promised well... I can't say I blame Enzo anymore. I guess not many people are willing to go to Scritch City. 

I, of course did some research on the place. However... finding a credible was nearly impossible. The place either gets a five star rating by those singing the city's praises or pleas crying for help before their posts are deleted or replaced by a raving review. 

I did find something curious to me though, so not all was lost. There is a blog run by a "Buddy Tippet". The reading is... interesting and unadulterated to say the least. The stuff he describes is horrifying, but he seems genunine. I'm not far into the blog, no time since I have to prepare for the heist, but one of the first posts is him getting raped by a cop. If the worst that happens to me is rape by a vixen then hell, the down payment is worth more than that. 

Oh yeah, there's also talk of some other dimention. I started to think this guy was crazy or just some junkie when he began talking about coming from another dimention. Then again, this guy also writes novels centering about stuff like living latex, milk that hypnotizes, and people being made of made up of "Immortal Clay". I'm not even going to think about the ice cream transformation...

Regardless, he seems to be a credible source of information in the city who's blog is well respected by some very influencial higher ups in society. Even if this guy is crazy there has to be some truth in what he's writing. I had to stop before getting to the December 2018 blogs because the deadline for this job is coming fast. 

Oh yeah! The job! So it's from an anonymous client who's already given a stupid huge down payment. However, this is a huge red flag. Anon clients who give a big down payment are usually looking to set up some sort of trap to get that down payment back. My first thought was that this is a set up, but Enzo would never cross me. We've known each other too long and he was actually the first to confort me after my life changing screw up within my now ex-family...

The job... The job, focus Aloe. The only requirement is to steal something called the Calix. No details on what it is, I was just told I would know it when I see it. I'm starting to hate this job more and more, but the pay is enough to put this city behind me. I'm desperate at this point. Steal from a church. How hard could that be? 

~Aloe

4 comments:

  1. Isn't "the Calix" the son of the Starry Ermine? Regardless, this guy is going into a city that hides the truth by controlling all messages coming out. He is getting himself in over his head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I see the confusion. I'm still trying to figure this out.

      Delete
  2. Interesting to hear a description of Scritch City from an outsider. Aloe's job could get really dangerous since the target is Calix, this should be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I always thought I was the outsider. But I suppose that isn't true anymore.

      Delete