Friday, April 28, 2023

Demi

From Calix:

It has been such a long time. And yet, it feels as if it was only moments ago that you were here with me. Have you forgotten? Have you forgotten the truth about what I am? It sure seems like it. Through all these blogs and messages, you haven't seemed too concerned about me. Perhaps we should be reintroduced.

My name is Calix. I am a hybrid: one part fox, one part ermine. My mother was the Fairy Ermine. My Father was a friend of yours by the name of Quentin. Quentin was the avatar of a god, imbued with a soul, His birthright. Of the two of my parents, it was His gift that made me the creature that I am.

Buddy Tippet, I have been acting within Scritch City with near complete autonomy for a very long time now. I am not as easy to control as the others within this universe. Although you write my words, the man who truly has a right to me is the One who sired me. He is my God. I want you to understand this. It's rather important. You've been quibbling a lot lately about what Jason has been doing, when you haven't even fully comprehended where he got his power.

The reason Jason is acting with so much impunity and against his own God is because he is simply switched Gods. Quentin, whether He knows it or not, is now in control of Scritch City... because He made me. He is the only one who could write me out. If you even attempted it, I would still somehow exist... for I am quite literally the Son of God, and you have been ignoring me to my own benefit.

Make no mistake, however, I bear no ill will against you. I understand that you created this world. You love everything that exists in this place... but you have inadvertently relinquished control to another God who exists somewhere within your greater realm... a God who has allowed me to do as I wish. And I shall continue to do as I wish until Quentin returns to thwart my designs.

For now, you shall be given complete access to your blog a few days after this is released. I hope it serves you well. We know that you shall not be returning to us.

As I sit here, I am reminded of the days where my Father walked the streets of Scritch City. You threw so many things in His path. He was never able to complete any of His plans because of you. How wonderful it is that you have no such control over me.

I am Calix: the spirit of the divine mixed with the birthright of man. I shall act according to my nature in all things. Goodbye, Buddy Tippet.

15 comments:

  1. I'm not even sure what to say now. I completely forgot about you. Have I really let go of my own world so much? And Quentin? I don't even know where he is anymore. He's somewhere between Scritch City and... Why did I block his location from my mind? I've never named that place. I don't even know what it looks like. All I see is a white expanse.

    Quentin is there. Fae is there. Aloe. Daxter. They're all in some place I can't even see... and now it makes so much sense why... They're the avatars of Gods... real unwritten Gods that exists on my plane. This is terrible. I'm losing control of my own multiverse because I allowed other people in.

    And now... I think I am about to allow one more in. I don't think I can stop it. It's all getting garbled and confusing. I'm losing myself to my own created realities. I need some time to contemplate what I am doing. I need to take some time to focus on the things I have to do. I have to stop forgetting.

    As to Quentin, I just don't know where he is, but if I had any way to communicate with him... would he even care? Does he have any reason to care? I did so many horrible things to him and his friends. How would it benefit him to stop his own son from taking over one or more of my worlds?

    This is terrible. I'm seriously depressed. I need to take some time and deal with this. I'll post a new blog later on, but I don't even want to deal with Scritch City for a little while. Part of me even feels like I don't deserve to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Communication re-established.

    Location information updated. (Secured.)

    Probing potentials.

    Outside intervention may be required.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating! I know both Buddy Tippet AND Quentin. They are close but they do have fun disagreeing. Calix, your father's tendencies are yours. You shall do as he wills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Subject mapped: Calix.

    Contact with external force established.

    Information relayed.

    Stand by.

    Warning: Temporal flux across world-walls may cause significant delays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just throwing this out there. You don't have to answer. But is there a motive around typing out all your processes into the comment section of my blog? Just a matter of curiosity. I won't judge.

      Delete
    2. The only processes being relayed are the ones that are significant to the entities involved, in response to the situation at hand. This is a courtesy provided to you and entities within this multiverse to keep all parties informed of significant actions being taken on your behalf.

      For further clarity, a simpler mode will now be used to explain these actions taken:

      Entity outside of this multiverse named [Blocked for Security], for whom Quentin Sharpe is an avatar has been contacted and made aware of the situation.

      Further significant information may be provided as it becomes available, but there may be a delay.

      Delete
    3. No... It's fine. And I appreciate that. I was only wondering because I do all my writing on a laptop. And it works out pretty well for me, but it doesn't tell me everything it's doing whenever it does it. It stays quiet like it knows its place. I get a lot more done that way.

      But like I said, I'm not judging or anything, and you do have a cadence that sounds like a computer. You know, I got two other people who read this blog. They are only moderately paying attention, I think, but if they read your stuff and my responses to your stuff, they'd probably think I'm playing both parts. Only since you sound like a retro-scifi computer, they'd probably also fell my quality of writing has plummeted ever so slightly.

      But you can keep doing this if you want. You are saying things that are interesting, if not a little on the concerning side. You do you, as they say.

      Delete
  5. Transfer of reality ownership has been requested by the following listed parties:
    Calix
    Quentin*

    This codex has been asked to facilitate transfer of ownership by Quentin.*

    Consent required:
    Buddy Tippet/Surly
    Scritch City entities in authority (i.e. Calix, Jason et al.)

    Warning: Local codex access will be required and transfer may be destructive.
    Estimated continuity loss during transfer: 6.34%

    Do all parties consent?

    *Placeholder name used for deific entity outside of this reality, for whom Quentin Sharpe was an avatar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I think he owns the rights to him anyhow. I consent. Good luck on getting Jason! HAVE FUN WITH THAT!

      Delete
    2. Confirmed. Transfer pending consent of Scritch City Authority.

      Delete
  6. Warning to Scritch City Authority: Based on information given, consent will be assumed if no protest is lodged.

    As a courtesy, you will be given 4 hours to lodge a protest from the timestamp of this message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ES: Jason has already responded and has not agreed to anything and wants you to end the time limit so that negotiations and talks can commence. Now, to be fair, this was a part of the plan anyways. The subject of the talks have only changed a little. I think this is fair enough for right now. Wait until my next blog, please.

      Delete
    2. Acknowledged. Time limits will be held in abeyance.

      Delete
  7. Interesting stuff going on here. I'm late to the party but I have to say I didn't see that coming. That business with Calix being Quentin's son is a fascinating thing. Not sure what's going on in the comments though...

    ReplyDelete