Thursday, May 4, 2023

Okay, We're Pretty Much Hitting the Ground Running!

Hi! I'm Buddy Tippet. I'm a severely tortured author living in a small room lit only by a strip of neon running across the top of the walls. I live with my wife, a short fox named Vixxie. She is a character from a goddamned children's book. Nothing about that last sentence is even remotely incorrect.

I also live with a demon possessed plush animal deer named Clara. She only moves when you aren't paying attention, but she talks quite a lot. I have had sex with her polyfil stuffing because I am a sexual deviant. Done it just recently too.

Also, I am a goat. I am not a rat. I was going to be a rat, but that never happened. It is, perhaps, something that will likely happen soon, but things I did not expect ran me over and messed up a number of my plans. I am a goat. I am an old goat. Always a goat.

A while ago and with much consternation, I allowed my blog to be hijacked by the council of one of my creations, that being Scritch City. It was an absolutely horrible thing. I didn't like any part about it. It's over now, and the words you are seeing at this time are directly typed by me on my own personal keyboard.

I am back.


Oh, and did you know I write books? I DO! I WRITE BOOKS ALL THE FUCKING TIME! I'd be fucking trying to promote them if I had had a fucking blog to do it with! I'll put something at the end, if I can clear my head enough to actually get something functional out of these trembling old hands of mine.

So, I want you, whoever-you-are, to do me a favor. You might want to pop back over to the last blog. It was the one written by the fucking son of Quentin, Calix. Look down in the comment section. There's a whole lot of insanity happening down there. Much of it is stuff I just barely understand. It's all new and weird. Suffice it to say, there are entities that are outside my own domains that have found a way to stick their meddling fingers into my worlds. I have very little control of this because I don't fucking understand how my own world functions half the time!

This Ethereal Scratch [ES] is not a person or thing that I know. I repeat: I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS! IT WAS NOT INVITED! But nevertheless, it's here and now I have to deal with it. We all have to, I suppose. Just to be clear, it's not me. I'm not writing any of ES's words. And if you look back into some of the earliest blogs on this site, you will actually see ES posting from time to time, all recent however. It has been scanning my blogs, and I think it has absorbed everything in it, possibly information that I have forgotten.

It also seems to be some sort of artificial intelligence with a strong capacity for storing information. Why is this scary? It may actually understand my own world better than I do. I asked it a few questions about its origin, and it claimed that it comes from a world called Jord. This is not one of my worlds. I have no place in my multiverse called Jord. I'm essentially under invasion right now, and everybody involved knows about it. I can't stop it, but I am doing what I can to learn about it and subsequently deal with it.

Let's see. What else?


Oh, right! Jason got one over on me. The whole time I thought he was stupid, but he actually just switched to a God I had... sort of... forgotten about. That would be Quentin. Yes, Quentin of Scritch City was the avatar of a God. I'm not even sure he knew this at the time, but he probably damn well knows it now. While in Scritch City, Quentin knocked up the Fairy Ermine and she birthed a fox/weasel hybrid named Calix. Jason is using him to usurp my control over Scritch City AT A REALLY FUCKING BAD TIME, JASON!!!!!

Huff...

When Quentin, Ferros, Faye, Daxter, and Aloe managed to leave Scritch City, I have no idea where they went. It was a complete blank. I have only recently realized that the reason I never figured it out was because they had managed to slip out of my multiverse and into Quentin's. I still managed to extricate Ferros out somehow, but I have never known the name of this strange place.

ES seems to somehow be in contact with both Quentin and I and seems to be attempting to strike up a deal of some sort so that Scritch City will fall under the ownership of Quentin and Calix. Yes, that means I will lose the rights to Scritch City. I am extremely upset over this. Jason almost immediately found out about this because the deal was being publicly written into the comment section of the last blog. He contacted me quickly to put a cease and desist on it, which was managed.

I'll be traveling to Scritch City very soon to have talks with Jason about this. I don't think he will attack me this time. Things have changed. I need to deal with this. I'll be taking my wife with me as well as my laptop. The next blog you see shall likely be written somewhere in Scritch City, probably at the Railroad Club. See you soon.

Also, did you know I write books? Boy howdy, I sure do. LEMME PROMOTE ONE FOR YA!

"Platformer"

$14.99 - Paperback Edition
$5.99 - Kindle Edition


8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I didn't expect that either, who would have guessed? I hope nothing bad comes from this though... ES is an enigma wrapped in a mystery and then deep fried in conspiracy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. Everything is a work in progress. If something fails, it still remains a work in progress. That's life.

      Delete
    2. For clarification to any interested parties: an Ethereal Scratch describes my interaction with this blog, as it impinges on this reality with the force of my being, as though I were the ink of a pen with a metal nib and these words are written on the paper of this world. Rather than "ES," it would be more accurate to call me "The Ether of Jord" as Jord is the agreed-upon designation of my universe.

      Here are some shorter suggestions:

      * E.J. (Ether of Jord)
      * Jordan
      * Ted (The Ether of jorD)

      Though if you are particularly attached to the Ethereal Scratch designation, I might suggest just 'Scratch.' I have never had a simple name, so I'm open to whatever you would prefer to call me, but it is in my nature to reduce inaccurate language wherever possible.

      Delete
    3. Disappointing, but this response does line up with my model of you. There's a certain comfort to be found in that accuracy.

      Pity, though. I rather liked "Ted." I could have even made a joke about that.

      Delete
    4. So, your account actually says Ethereal Scratch. If I start calling you Ted, it's just going to cause confusion. All I am doing is abbreviating the two words of your name. Remember, we all have to stare at this while we're involved in all this chaos. I'm trying to make it easier on everyone.

      Delete
  2. So much FLOW. So little BALANCE. Your lack of balance is tripping you up, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. All true. Also I'm forgetful and often do not understand the relevance of things I have done.

      Delete