Monday, October 28, 2019

In Search of the Soul

It's the early morning. I'm sitting at my desk within the back room of the Railroad Club. I have just wrapped up my next book and am smiling in happy contemplation of it all. Of course, I still have to go over it and check it for grammatical issues. I do all my own work on that front, and I guess it shows. Sorry about that.

Miss Silky and I have been having a lot of talks lately. We're very close now. She has some insights into my own imagination. There is a change, perhaps a small one, that the books that I am writing are having an influence over the events happening in Scritch City. She also pointed out that my moods may be affected by actions and events happening outside the realm of what can be seen and felt.


Really, I am trying not to let it go to my head. But I really am starting to come to terms that there may be something to me. When I consider the three whom I said had souls, I feel a kinship with them. A love that goes beyond what I can see and hear. It's strange. I barely know the likes of Quentin and Daxter... and Aloe. Yet I feel like I should be helping them. I suppose that's why I jumped at the opportunity to brand Quentin a hero. I still feel bad that it upset him like it did. Sorry.

I've been doing a bit of soul searching. Actual... real... soul searching. I'm trying to find out who is real and who isn't. I mean... if you have no soul, how can you be real? I see you more as a guest of sorts. But if you have a soul, there is a whimsy about you. It makes you more interesting. So I have been looking for others who may possess souls.

When I was with the dragons, I was driven to my brink. I became lost within the quiet of my own mind. There were doors. Doors that, when opened, led to information about the universe itself. I only opened three of them. But there were more. My point is that I think there are more influential people out there... with souls. I don't know their names yet.


But if I am holding this world together somehow, these soulful people... are not within that control. They do as they will. Part of it is scary. I worry that they may come after me or try and control me. But then I really would rather try and embrace them. Maybe clear the way for them. Change the world so that it works better for them.

Here is a request for anyone reading this blog: Have you or anyone you know met someone that just seems different? They seem to act more wildly than other people do? They seem to break the rules, as it were? If you think you know someone like this, point me in a direction. Let me see if I can talk to them and ascertain the truth for myself. What we may discover relates to the ancient mysteries of life and the universe itself. What is real? What is false? Why not open this new door... and just... take a gander or two?

As far as the identity of my new book, I won't be revealing it until it is ready for publish. That may be a while. For now, I point you in the direction of my last published book The Nom Nom Chronicles. Here is some information:

15.99 - Paperback Edition
5.99 - Kindle Edition

Click here to see the Amazon.com listing of all of my books.

4 comments:

  1. An interesting take on the SOUL: The "Infinite potential" aspect of an entity that exists beyond the dynamic. Yes, I do know someone who indeed has a soul. He looks at the world as if reading a book. He hears the world as if listening to a story being told. He seems crazy. Maybe he is. Then again, ordinary people are too NORMAL to be insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like an interesting person. I like interesting people.

      Delete
  2. There are people who are actors upon the stage of life, they are the ones driving the story forward. The common bystander is an NPC who fills a predestined role. To be soulful is to be passionate and become who you are. You feel compelled to help these people because they are interesting not boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be true for I truly do find not boring people interesting!

      Delete