Thursday, July 11, 2019

Quentin and Baphomet - The Eternal Conflict

[The following blog was posted under the authority of Prince Ara of the Predatory Union and by his faithful servant, Nestor.]

I've been doing a bit of digging. A bit of searching. A little of this and a little of that. Over the last few days I have been getting a little obsessed over an odd relationship between a certain green fox and a certain dark furred goat. This fascination of mine had lead me to do a number of odd things.

A lot of things spurred this on. Recently a new application appeared on my phone. It was called Dex. It was the first of my clues. The color and font of this Dex app matched the mystery post made on this blog a small time ago. Apparently this person or thing--I'm not sure which--wanted to talk to me about some things. Spoilers I suppose.

This Dex, whoever he or she is, has cracked the log-in information of this blog but is still content to allow me access. No passwords have been changed. It's all been left the same, yet Dex still resides here sifting around. They gave me clues and pointed me in interesting directions.


A number of those clues pushed me into inviting Baphomet himself to my apartment in Salmon Bluff. Here we talked for hours. We fucked a little. Very light stuff. Most of it mutual and polite. I'm still, of course, wary of political incidents.

Between myself, Dex, and Baphomet, we formed a bit of an information sharing trinity--a think tank, if you will. And a lot came out about this interesting fox. We know things about one another. One thing that he may or may not know is that his heart stopped beating recently. He may not have felt it or even realized it, but it did happen. For a brief moment, Quentin died even as he stood. Maybe he is still dead. It's a topic of unending debate between me and this goat.

Baphomet claims to know what is happening though. Apparently this interesting specimen of prey has been doing a little digging of his own. Perhaps a bit more literal. Baphomet has come to some odd conclusion that he is the enemy of Quentin, but not entirely by choice. He pointed out that he has recently been taking physical action to put a stop to the green fox... but somehow failed. At least, he is willing to admit to it.


But then I may not be doing this fellow justice. Allow me to pass along the keyboard to Baphomet.

I did come to the recent conclusion that Quentin was perhaps someone who I should be concerned with. I came to this idea based on his experience in Railraod Towers. I have a counterpart there that I have recently been trying to connect with.

I don't consider these actions strange. He is me, after all. If I had connected with him, it would be nothing more than connecting with myself. So I began digging down into the earth in search for another place, another time, another dimension. Unfortunately, I ended up contested by a number of entities along the way.

Quentin is under some sort of protection. The Fairy Ermine is the most likely, but I think there are others as well. Nevertheless, I did not entirely fail in my mission. I have managed to put a halt to some of the actions that would inevitably work against me in the end. The whole thing is wrapped up in limbo.

I'm not too pleased with this stasis. I would rather Quentin deal with this so that I can, at least, see how this is going to end. My advice to him is that he should show up here and do a bit of exploring. He already has, at least, two reasons to show up here.

Whatever the case, the reason he is experiencing the anomalies such as the stopping of the heart, is because of the stasis I have enacted within the lower frequencies. If he doesn't do something to rectify it, it might end up causing a bit of havoc within Scritch City and beyond. Spells like these are quite destructive and require a lot of innocent sacrifice. For my own survival, I have deemed them necessary.

I am not really one to give up so easily. And more importantly, I like Quentin. Everything I heard of him sounds fascinating. And the things your Dex has told me has been even more enlightening. It seems that I have managed to, even to a small extent, exert power over him. And where I am more than happy to accept him into my flock, I would much rather he come to me willingly.



All interesting stuff. I am enjoying my visit to Scritch City all the more. This place is rather magical, if all these things are true. Dex can hardly confirm anything of which Baphomet is saying. If anything, they are confused. But if what Baphomet says is true, than we are dealing with a very slow moving apocalypse. Exciting!

Baphomet has set in motion a series of world shattering events all in the name of defeating an enemy of his. And I suppose he is willing to do this because he thinks he can form a connection with some otherworldly counterpart. This is the stuff science fiction was made of really. But let's see what Dex has to say about it.



It's romantic in a way. This whole business. The world is not always as simple as you make it out to be. What looks like a flat surface at a distance may lead to a mountain on the building horizon. When it comes down to it, the world is vast and complicated. We all do our best to play a part. Sometimes we make it, and sometimes we don't.


But to me, I see it all as a drama unfolding right before my eyes. How exciting it all is! I wonder how it all will end. And from the looks, the man of the hour... is Quentin Sharp!


Oh dear. Quentin Sharpe it is then! And I am still very much looking forward to meeting him on an entirely professional level. But here I must do my duty and promote Buddy's books. How about Pack Rats of The Inside? Here you go! ~Nestor

$9.99 - Paperback Edition
$5.99 - Kindle Edition

Click here to see the Amazon.com listing of all of my books.

4 comments:

  1. Quentin found his place in the spotlight... but now he is noticed by dangerous, PREDATORY things. The dragons may consider Baphomet prey, but he isn't. The greater half of his nature is especially vicious. it comes naturally. Quentin will either survive Baphomet's nature or become its latest victim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And being the accommodating dragon that I am, I am happy to let him know what situation he finds himself in. ~Nestor

      Delete
  2. Dex's appearance is fascinating, they seem to be entirely loyal to Quentin. Baphomet's plans are ambitious, I would be wary of getting entangled in any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still wonder about Dex. I am enjoying the adventure of it. ~Nestor

      Delete