Tuesday, March 12, 2019

My Interview with Quentin

I recently got my interview with the green fox known as Quentin. It was one of the most fascinating and eye-opening conversations I have ever had. That's really all I want to say. I'll let the interview speak for itself. Enjoy!

*****

Buddy Tippet: All right. I first want to thank you for actually doing this with me. I've pretty much been nervous about it all week. But I think I am now prepared and ready to go. Mister Quentin [Last name omitted per request], I am going to go over 6 main points in this interview followed by a brief discussion for each. I'll try to keep the whole thing brief as I know your time is valuable. So, once again, thanks for doing this with me.

Quentin: I would like to request that you keep my last name out of the interview. I recognize there is likely only one green fox named Quentin in Scritch City, but leaving out the last name at least puts some work onto any internet sleuths seeking to harass or bother me.

BT: I've already made the edit. If there is anything else you wish omitted, I shall happily comply as long as the interview remains legible. Are you ready to begin?

Q: Yes. I believe that is the only piece of identifying information that needed to be held back.

BT: Not very much is known about you so far, other than your occasional appearances at the Railroad Club. Is there anything you want to reveal about your position within the Scritch City community?

Q: I am working under the supervision of Miss Silky. [...]

BT: So you are working directly under Miss Silky? Some might call that a high honor. She is a well-loved and highly respected person within Scritch City. May I ask how you two met? No need to get too specific. Just give us the gist.

Q: As you are aware, I arrived in this reality from Railroad Towers around the same time you did. My point of arrival was on her property, in a secure facility. I was then arrested for trespassing, and learned who owned the building. I sent Miss Silky a message about where I had shown up, and it piqued her interest sufficiently to drop the charges. I was invited to meet her shortly afterward.


BT: Yes, and I think my next question ties well into what you just told me. Regardless of what you and I consider to be the truth, I've been told that you are originally from Scritch City, but your opening statement rather suggests you are from this alternate universe. Can you tell me what you know of the place called Railroad Towers?

Q: Sadly, Railroad Towers no longer exists. An entity, possibly its creator destroyed it. I, and several others, including yourself were permitted to avoid destruction. This entity destroyed Railroad Towers because of a conflict I and Baphomet were involved in. The universe we call Railroad Towers was of course, far more than the Railroad Towers building, however the relevant events of your blog and my history occurred there. I had moved into the building allowing my mother to retire with me.

BT: That's interesting. I have no memory of Railroad Towers being destroyed. I kind of remember something from it, but a lot of it feels like a dream. Yet there is no denying that the blogs I wrote there seem to still be a part of an account written within the timeline of Scritch City. It was like I wrote them while I was here even though none of it made any sense within the context of this world. But I digress, the last thing I remember was being eaten by something underneath a bed. What was it like in your final moments in Railroad Towers?

Q: Anxious. I woke up with my girlfriend only to see the darkness of oblivion creeping out from the walls, swallowing everything. I brought the few people I could along with me to the safe place. For some time I wondered if we were actually safe, as it seemed as though I was floating in the darkness of uncreation for a time before arriving here.

BT: Really this is extremely fascinating. It's like meeting [a] brother I never knew I had. I have been obsessed about where I came from or if Railroad Towers was even real. Perhaps we can discuss the topic more deeply soon, but I am going to move on to my next point. Is there something in life that you are looking for specifically?

Q: I suppose this answer can be defined either as specific, or vague. I am seeking stability.

BT: Can I ask for a little elaboration?

Q: Of course. Multiple events across the span of time between my stay in Railroad Towers, and now in Scritch City have dramatically altered my perspective of the order of reality. My previous ignorance of this information, and impotence led to the destruction of Railroad Towers. I intend to be neither ignorant, nor impotent going forward.

BT: That seems to me to be a noble goal. May I ask what your plans for the future are? In generalized terms such as business, pleasure, or both?

Q: I am involved in the development of several prototype products that will be coming to market relatively soon. As for pleasure, I am a recent adherent of The Fairy Ermine, and wish to explore that relationship through relations with others.


BT: Oh, I hear you there. I don't know if you are aware, but I wrote a fairy tale about her in one of my books, b.t. Sorry for the shameless plug there. I had to do it. Anyways, that is good that you seem to be on track for things. There are two more points I want to cover before we end the interview.  I'm just curious. What exactly is your beef with Baphomet?

Q: In your blog "The Strange and Otherworldly Dresden" you encountered, and made a deal with Dresden. So did I. At the time I was in a desperate situation, and I was ignorant of the consequences. I had been tricked. Baphomet was Dresden's agent, and was a tool for springing this trap on me. I have not encountered Dresden in Scritch City, at least, not yet. However I can only suspect that if Baphomet is here, Dresden must be involved.

This deal eventually created a cascade of events that the entity [I] mentioned before could not ignore, and thus chose to end the conflict without resolution, and destroyed Railroad Towers. As far as I am concerned, Dresden and Baphomet are guilty of the destruction of my origin universe. They know I will not allow them to get away with that.

BT: But do you really think that this is the same Baphomet you knew from Railroad Towers?

Q: I have examined the two possibilities and came to the following conclusion: If he is not, let it be up to him to make the next move and seek reconciliation of the matter.

BT: I'll leave it at that then. The last question you may or not wish to participate in, but I figured I'd go ahead and approve it for the session. Do you have any final statements or perhaps a question for me? I want it give you the opportunity to express yourself to the fullest.

Q: I do have one final statement. I have been contacted by the person that you have spoken to through text mentioned in "The Mystery Interview and a New Book!" It is my hope that he approaches me soon. I am very eager to see him again.

Off the record, I am fine with having another interview in the future, provided you allow me to have some privacy, and don't talk about me in your blog without my consent.

BT: I will respect your wishes. Thank you very much, Mister Quentin. Hope you have a good day.

Q: You as well, have a good one.

*****

I suppose it is a good time to throw out another plug for my new book b.t. Check out the information below, as well as the cover which just... won't... render properly!

11.99 - Paperback Edition
5.99 - Kindle Edition


Click here to see the Amazon.com listing of all of my books.

4 comments:

  1. Quentin is very guarded. It may be the very thing that kept him too small in dealing with Baphomet, an entity who knows his every secret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reply. I shall omit my opinion on this matter.

      Delete
  2. Quite an interesting interview, Quentin's intentions are clear but may prove dangerous going forward. His relationship with The Fairy Ermine could also bring unwanted results. Quentin seems to like to walk a thin line, at the very least it proves entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard anything bad about the Fairy Ermine. She seems to spread love about in dark and unfair world. There was a reason I wrote a story about her. Let's give him a chance.

      Delete