Thursday, June 8, 2023

The Future of Scritch City

It's not over until its over, but the hard truth here is that I am about to lose Scritch City. The city which also includes the world around it (USA and the Predatory Union) is going to be turned over to another God called Felix which came in the form of a God-being called Sol Invictus. This is the God who originally controlled Quentin as His avatar. The whole deal was moderated by a being called Jord which had formerly identified itself as Ethereal Scratch... although it wants to be called TED for some reason. I remember back when I created things, I just gave everybody first names and then called it a day!

I met with this Sol Invictus and he was the most frowny feline I ever met. Seriously, I can't even imagine what a smile on his face would actually look like. It's like someone just drew a frowny line right there on his blank muzzle. Drove me crazy for the first few minutes, but I got used to it. But damn, he was way too serious. Of course, he accused me of not being serious enough, so I guess that's fair.

The deal was brokered in this way: Sol Invictus will become the authorial owner of Scritch City and all other places in that world. He can write it and design it any way he wants, and the people will just have to deal with it. I still get to finish a book about it that was already in the progress of being written. Everything in that book will still be canon, and all former things that I wrote about Scritch City will remain canon. But Sol Invictus has the right of canon from this point on.

As for me, I have decided to move camp into the backroom of the Railroad Club after all. I'll be writing my stories from there and reporting on things as I see fit. I don't plan to stay here forever though. I just have some unfinished business here. I'll be popping back into the Neon Room to pick up Clara, and then everything will be set.

Oh, and in case you're wondering if Jason will be forcing me to only write what he wants me to write, that issue has been dealt with by the presence of Sol Invictus. I'll be left alone. Jason has no reason to treat me cruelly now that I am no longer God of his universe. I'm just a roaming writer making his home in the back of a jazz club. Yeah, who cares about that guy.

As to the future of Scritch City, it's not my problem anymore. I got to deal with all the other worlds I created. Oh, and Ixus is no longer a problem, at least for now. Jason will be banned from Zed once this deal goes forward. It was part of the deal. He'll be getting his power from Sol Invictus from now on like a good opportunist.

Well, that's that. No promotion this time. I just wanna wrap this blog up and go have sex with Vixxie. Extremely horny. Like you have no idea. Cheers.

6 comments:

  1. Clarification: It was necessary to call my creator by a name to distinguish from myself. My creator took the name Jord, after the name of the universe I came from.

    I am less my creator than even you are yours, and I do prefer to be called TED.

    Jord isn't really my creator's name, but it's as good as any.

    TL;DR: I'm TED/ES. My creator is Jord. Get wrecked, goat man. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe. Oh, when the gods make deals, the creations suffer the consequences. Reality itself is rebooted to suit the new owners. SCARY for the little people, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting turn of events, but I guess it is as you say "not your problem" anymore. Oh well, have fun with Vixxie!

    ReplyDelete