Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Jason's Exit

Jason had pulled Miss Silky into a side room of the Railroad Club. His face was grave. He looked into her eyes with the countenance of strong but tortured man. The purple feline at once knew something was wrong.

"Miss Silky," he said in a deep, meaningful tone.

"Yes, Jason?" she returned softly.

"I need you to cover for me for a bit. Scritch City is about to fall into someone else's hands. It hasn't quite happened yet. I need to use this time wisely.

"Go on," she encouraged.

He paused and released a sigh of frustration. "I'm leaving."

"Leaving to where?"

"Zed."

"Dear, you'll be cut off. Why would you do that to yourself?"

"I'm not going alone," he explained. "Surly gave me a way out. It rather surprised me when he did it, but I could see what he was doing. He openly defied TED a few times, and I took the hint. He doesn't want me to become... like him... I suppose."

Miss Silky did not seem as if she fully understood, but she was no less supportive of the fox. "Who are you going with?"

"I have been in contact with Eager Ears Fennec and her underling Lust Bearers. They will be joining me to make sure I don't get stranded there."

"I see." She paused thoughtfully. "I'm sorry it had to be this way."
Jason embraced her possessively, but he looked into her eyes with something akin to love. "You're perfect," he whispered.

"Perfect how?" she queried.

"Perfect for me."

She smiled.

Jason leaned in, and they kissed. Taking a short time for themselves, Jason was soon releasing her, taking a determined step back. "You're in charge."

"I understand," she replied softly. "Goodbye, Jason. Travel well."

The fox nodded and headed down a spiral staircase that was nearby. Shortly afterwards the staircase itself dissolved into nothing. Silky took a deep breath and entered back into the lobby of the Railroad Club as if nothing had happened.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! The hostile takeover of a universe is causing all sorts of imbalances. Fortunately for Jason, his god is all flow. He'll be moved in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very bitter sweet departure. It seems Jason's story isn't over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy with this one. I never did it to spite anyone, although it looks like some people think I did.

      Delete