Thursday, May 26, 2022

Vixxie Tales #4

I am really happy Shawn O'Toole spoke directly to me in the last blog. Did you see it? He seems to be a very important figure to Surly. Oh, I don't mean to talk to you in the third person, Shawn. I am talking to anyone else who is reading this also. If it makes a difference, I want to personally thank you for responding to me like you did.

Surly seems to have these two very particular people who comments on his blog. One is Shawn O'Toole, and the other is listed only as CB634. From what I understand about the latter, he is an illustrator for Surly's books, but I don't think they have ever met. Although Surly can weirdly talk about him as if he had actually met him. I don't even know what animal CB634 is.

Another thing about CB634 is the name. The number 634 is a number very important to Surly. He sticks it into his stories whenever he can. I assume this is just a hats-off to his illustrator. It makes sense. Surly is very appreciative of people who have worked for him in his writing career.

Having spoken with him in the few blogs I wrote, he seems really small and sweet. He is super polite and humble. It kind of reminds me of when I first met Dagget. He was like that too. He was shy but very polite and sweet to me. That's why I liked him so much. Things just ended up going bad later on when the pressures of life got to him.

Like I said, I have no idea what animal CB634 is. Maybe he can tell me, but only if he feels like it. I'm super curious. I have the same question for Shawn O'Toole, but I don't want to pry if they want to keep their anonymity.


Shawn O'Toole actually saved Surly's life once. Surly was overworked and had forgotten something really important concerning a monster that was chasing him across his books. Shawn reminded him of it which steered Surly in the right direction. If Shawn had not had spoken, Surly might have been seriously compromised. I know it's strange for God to be distracted, but he was busy trying to bring me back to life at the time, and that took precedence over the monster.

Most of Shawn's comments tend to be less direct and more like he is talking to himself. He would often refer to Surly in the third person. Surly never minded this though. I even asked him about it, and he said something like, "That's just how he is." I admit that I had a difficult time with it myself, but at least I was able to get a more personal response out of him. He doesn't seem like a bad guy.

Other than those two, nobody ever seems to comment on these blogs. I asked Surly if he knew of anyone that was reading it, and he said that he knew of a couple. I also asked why he even had a blog if his stories were really the whole of his worlds. Surly was a little bit cryptic with his answer, but I think he was saying that the blog helps keep the magic of his written stories stable. They hold them together until they can exist on their own. This then made me wonder: What if this blog stopped existing?

Surly doesn't seem to mind too much of the blog just disappeared one day. It's like the blog has to exist now, but it can fade away later on. It's a sort of supplementary magic that is intended to be limited in nature. I still don't fully understand, but I do believe he knows what he is doing.

Surly is doing fine, by the way. He is still going out a lot. I played HYPNOSCREEN for a little while yesterday and got really horny. He showed up and interrupted it, telling me he had to do some writing. I was a little flustered at this because I wanted to have sex, but he said it would have to wait. At least we did finally get around to it.

That's all I got for today. Please consider buying his new book "Platformer." I'll put some information below about it. Thanks for reading!

"Platformer"

$14.99 - Paperback Edition
$5.99 - Kindle Edition


4 comments:

  1. 634!!... Oh ... I'm just some guy (Human). Yea, I enjoy working on covers for Surly's stories. I'm glad he has you to keep him company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm not sure I've met a human. I'm trying to remember. I know OF them. Furless, right?

      Delete
  2. People think I am a dove... but I am not. I was brought to life by a lamb... who happened to be a lion. As a creature, I am a lamb soon to be a lion, I suppose, flow and balance being what they are.

    ReplyDelete