Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Something's Happening

Ever walk outside and everything seems a little different? Different colors or something like that? I don't think my situation is exactly like this. It's more of a collective of observations. I'm looking at myself as much as I am other people--the people around me. I've also been dipping about in social media and checking out what's going on in Scritch City.

First of all, I feel like I've been living at the Railraod Club for months now. What has it been... a week? A few days? Why does it feel like months? I don't get it. People don't look like they are moving slowly or anything. I just... I can't seem to perceive time correctly. It's genuinely disconcerting.

I can understand a long time feeling short... but a short time feeling long? How can the brain even work like that? It doesn't make any sense to me. Can any of you figure this out? The whole thing is extremely disturbing to me.


I also got to thinking about Aloe recently too. I noticed her here at the Railroad Club today. I think she is still here too. The sharks all seem to really like her. They were going on about how cute she is and something about a tiny weapon she carried with her. (To be clear, the sharks working at the club are weapon aficionados.)

Miss Silky really liked Aloe. I can tell because I caught her referring to her as her "Little Snickers Bar." Miss Silky always calls people she likes after sweet things. Of course, I had that in my book too. It's based on truth. She really does that.

A while back--I don't know how long--I doxxed Aloe hard. I was getting her journals on my desk back at home. Come to think of it, I haven't been to my house in a while. I know, by order, it was before I was taken by the dragons. I wonder how Eddie is doing. He isn't allowed into the club.

Wait... I'm rambling.


One of the things I read about was that there is some sort of new group or something appearing in the city as if it was already here, but only now revealing itself. Nobody knows what its called yet, but the theme of it seems to be counter to the hedonistic principles this city was founded on. There's a lot of talk about the corruption of the elites, and like-same subjects.

Yesterday, if I had heard about something like this, I would have laughed it off. But something just feels off today. It just feels like something is happening. I don't like it. I really don't. I like this city as is. We don't need any sort of reform. The elites keep this city working the way it should. Don't ruin something that functions well enough. We're happy here.

I'll have a talk with miss Silky once she is finished with Aloe. We'll sort this out. Maybe she already knows about it. Silky is great for this city. She keeps it peaceful. Leave us alone.

While you are here, have a look at my book about Scritch City. It is called b.t. and it is available through the link below:

11.99 - Paperback Edition
5.99 - Kindle Edition


Click here to see the Amazon.com listing of all of his books.

4 comments:

  1. A force of good is the "lurking evil invader" it seems. The new reality is opposed to the old ways of selfish indulgence, it seems. The mystery still abounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder where this new group came from, perhaps it's linked to the loud noise and outage. Interesting how they already seem to be integrated in the city.

    ReplyDelete