Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Good Luck, Quentin

Greetings Quentin,

I want to personally congratulate you on your success in stopping the death ray. We had a lot of plans for it. You probably know by now that it was my intention to allow Scritch City to be destroyed by it, as was the case with Zed. This, of course, does nothing to cease our immediate efforts. We can adapt, and I am sure you can as well.

Let me make a few things clear, as this will be the last you shall hear from any of us. Firstly, Buddy Tippet has left us. It is as if he was never here at all. In fact, his blogs seem to be disappearing from the net. People don't remember them. His account, as a whole, seems to be disappearing from our view. It was through the casting of a spell that I was able to send this to you at all.

Scritch City will still exist. Railroad Towers will still exist. It all will still exist with or without you. More importantly, Baphomet and Alabaster still have their eye on you, as we all do. There is a good chance we will never hear from you again, but be sure that we, the high followers of Ra, shall not forget you.

I have some small understanding of what you did and why you did it. I know about the intrusion of Vox and your rather petty disputes with God. You never could take the world for what it was. I am not sure you were ever really completely sane. You bore the mark of a prey, but fought with the will of a predator. I think at the end of all this, I shall still be disappointed that you did not take that final step to sit at my side. All you had to do was give in to those lovely impulses of yours. But you were stubborn in your silliness to the end. The realm of evil and power has no place for you after all.

But even with my disappointment, I still hope that you have a change of heart. I can still make good use of you. That seat is still open. Dakota has been called off. Come back at the moment of your choosing, and we will put every bit of your talents to use for the good of those who deserve it.

The game isn't really ever over, Quentin. You're just ignoring it. But until that day comes, if at all, have a good life as you ignore the man that you almost became.

~Jason

3 comments:

  1. Jason the High Priest is after Quentin. Oh, there is no escape, to be sure. Quentin had better RESOLVE the situation, for better or worse. Playing it safe won't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jason. It's me, Dax. I've got a message from Quentin. He's using me to send it since we left together.

    "Here's what my response would be, if google wasn't shit:
    Old man just loves hearing the sound of his own voice so much that he has to use magic to lecture at me. Also, Shawn, for some context it took half a dozen of the city's most wealthy, powerful, intelligent people to come up with a plan to destroy their universe, and weeks, if not months to prepare it. I stopped it in the period of a few hours. Jason is a joke, and so are his demon pals.

    Happy trails to you
    Quentin Sharpe"

    Wow. What a challenge. Cheers on trying to vex a tantrum by calling him a disappointment, good to know you're just as petty as you're accusing him of being. But what do my words mean anyway? Have fun you insignificant token.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... Jason wants Quentin to kiss the ring, doesn't sound like he would be so ready to do such a thing.

    ReplyDelete