Tuesday, August 13, 2019

The Problems with Getting Scent-imental

[The following blog was posted under the authority of Prince Ara of the Predatory Union and by his faithful servant, Nestor.]

Despite Buddy Tippet's book b.t. being a fairly good representation of life in and around Scritch City as well as including one of the greatest depictions of life within the Predatory Union (The Law of Dragons), there is, however, an unfortunate inclusion within this book. This story, known only as Getting Scent-imental, is a story I and my dear Prince Ara have been groaning about ever since we laid eyes upon it. I wanted to explain why.

This story is a dreadful and wholly inaccurate portrayal of the dragon race. There is hardly even one thing about it that smacks of truth. It is, as I have said before, the reason we bargained with Miss Silky to have him violently punished. Dragons do not appreciate slander in the slightest.

The story of Getting Scent-imental follows the tale of a crudely named dragon named Desi. It isn't even a proper dragon name. Desi is portrayed, at least at first, as a strong-willed dragon who was shown to have a very good streak of dominance that was adequate for his kith and kin. At this point, I had no problem with the story. It all falls apart once the dragon is asked to prove his strength as a dragon on a dare. Even here, I was looking forward to seeing him do it.

The author then crudely introduces the reason for the pun-laced title, a skunk named Garry. For some reason the skunk's name has a heart on either side at every single inclusion. I've no interest in promoting this meme any further, so I'll be omitting them.


Now, Garry is a real, live person living in Scritch City. At one time, he did own a department store called Le Whiff Boutique. The business is now defunct. Apparently he is now working as a male prostitute for a business in the Pavilion (a large shopping mall of sorts) called The Fidgety Ferret. I hear he is quite popular. Nevertheless, he is what he is, and this story of Buddy Tippet's seems to imbibe him with supernatural powers.

Through the course of the story, this Garry person manages to turn the strong-willed Desi into a sissified, homosexual piece of shit. And he does it through no other method but by puffing him with his tail. It was absolutely a dreadful read. I have never in my life read literature with such horrid taste.

Even--EVEN--if Garry possessed powers like this, the very idea that anyone would want to see a dragon reduced to this sad and pathetic state sickens me to my core. Mister Tippet seems to like the idea of giving various acolytes of Scritch City super powers. Even Miss Silky of the famous Railroad Club has not been spared this odd fascination of his (as seen in the story called Pure Silk). Even stranger was the fact that Buddy suggested that Miss Silky was complicit in Garry's schemes against the dragons... or that it was her doing all along. She has officially denied this to me, by the by.

The whole story is garbage! There isn't even a point to it. Desi's life and manhood is ruined, and the story simply ends with some sort of paltry plug for a later story in the book. Buddy wrote this book out of a pure desire and absolutely perverted fantasy to see a dragon humiliated. It contrasts so absolutely with the majestic work known as The Law of Dragons. One is clearly good and one is clearly terrible.


Getting Scent-imental is a story that I would much prefer be deleted from the book entirely. Furthermore, and I have said this before, I would prefer that Buddy be released into our custody so that he may be taken back to the Predatory Union on a permanent basis. The human needs help that he will never find in Scritch City.

It's aggravating. I mean... I am happy for the invite into this great city-state, but the problems with this blasted story have, at times, kept me up at night. I will continue to speak with Miss Silky about the situation. The prince has given me full leniency when it comes to this matter.

I shall, once more, be promoting b.t. this week in the interest of propping up The Law of Dragons further. Just skip over the other one. You'll get nothing out of it anyways. Complete and utter rubbish. ~Nestor

11.99 - Paperback Edition
5.99 - Kindle Edition


Click here to see the Amazon.com listing of all of his books.

4 comments:

  1. I hear tell "dominants make the best submissives." Flow and balance being what they are, it makes sense that COMPLETE domination is without flow, thus is stagnant, and COMPLETE submission is without balance, thus unsustainable. Providence sometimes flips things around, to get things moving and in alignment. Everything must come full circle, like a spinning wheel: FLOW and BALANCE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This story is a work if fiction, mind you. The very idea of it is a word of fiction. Providence, as you call it, has given his birthright to the dragons. I'm sure your words merely come from some sense of envy. ~Nestor

      Delete
  2. I agree that seeing a dominant will being broken like that is sickening. I find it fascinating that you bring up the contrast between the story and "The Law of Dragons" Buddy Tippet excels at contrast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not always in the proper way, unfortunately. I, however, thank you for your candor. I understand you've done some artwork for him. Hope to keep hearing from you. ~Nestor

      Delete