Thursday, May 18, 2023

A New Visitor

So here is a strange thing. We had a tanuki named Fluke simply appear within the lobby of the Railroad Club in the middle of the night. This is the same night right before the day of the negotiations. It was really confusing for everyone, but it turns out this fellow was from a now dead world called Jord. Same one I mentioned in an earlier blog.

Truth is, and I got to be blunt about this, I think the whole thing is my fault. And that happens sometimes. Sometimes I get so annoyed with my situation that I just want a little bit of chaos thrown into it. And sometimes that chaos ends up being directed at people I like. And don't get me wrong, I liked Fluke. He was an interesting guy... for someone entirely unrelated to me. Honestly, I wouldn't have created him if I had a gun to my head. He's the product of someone else... someone who isn't me. Hell, I think he may be a God Himself.

The whole situation with Fluke happened because I was angry at what Jason was trying to do to my creation. I agreed to give away my city to Quentin if it would stop him, but after that, I just kept trying to throw as many wrenches in as I could. And I might still keep doing it. Everything about this whole situation sucks. I still want things to go well, but it's a little hard to resist the impulse to mess things up when things aren't going my way.


Part of me wants to just let the whole thing go. It's tempting. It's really tempting. What do you do when your own world turns on you for no reason? I can turn back on them. I've done it to varying degrees before. But my heart isn't always in it. I like the idea of just letting most things play out.

That conversation with Fluke was interesting, but it was also incredibly boring. It was like talking to someone who I could not relate to in the slightest. He's of a different ilk than I know or understand. The worst thing of it all is that I allowed him in and for all the wrong reasons.

Jason accused me of something tonight. He was right to do so. I may be an old goat... but I'm far from mature. Just keep that in mind when you got to deal with a God who's like that. There's no telling what I'll do.

On a final and separate note, I would like to congratulate Ferros on finding his way back into my multiverse. I love him dearly. I hope he finds a way to cause as much trouble as possible.

4 comments:

  1. It's all coming together... MAYBE... Having Ferros back sure will be interesting I can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like him. I've made that clear to so many people.

      Delete
  2. Hehehe. Of course you hope Ferros causes as much trouble as possible! Surly, my friend, you are indeed ALL flow and NO balance. It imbalances your Creation accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I ever even once disliked something Ferros did.

      Delete