Thursday, January 13, 2022

Vixxie on My Dream

I've currently busy taking notes on another creation, a book in your case. I recently discussed the dream I wrote about in the previous blog. She seemed pretty fascinated with it and had her own ideas about it. I'll let her do the typing while I take a break. The following are all her words:

-----

I was surprised with the emotion Surly felt while describing being this rabbit. I had a funny idea that this person was named Susan, but he told me that he did not actually think of a name during the dream. Since then, however, I have thought of her as a Susan, and Surly has been chuckling about it.

I thought it was weird that the hyenas, although her adversaries, could invoke such trust from the female protagonist portrayed by my husband. They clearly admitted to being capable of murdering her, but their sincerity was what gained her trust. It seemed to happen really fast too.

While listening to this part, I got a little upset. I did not like the idea that she would trust two people who were so clearly villainous. Even if they were nice to her once in a while, it seemed more like Susan was trapped and, to a small extent, locked in some sort of endless cycle of doom. I know from my own past that someone can come to terms with a terrifying situation, and trust and even love can form inside a hellscape.

Please understand that I am not saying that Surly is a villain. He is actually a very nice person, and I know this because I have had time to learn much about him. I do not know enough about these hyenas to know if they are good people or not. And it does not help that they seemed slightly touched in the head. It was the way they would takes turns talking as if they were one person. That was a bit unsettling.

The desert world was peculiar. It gave the world a very huge feel, but I was having difficulty trying to understand where she would go when she left. It did really feel like she was trying to escape life itself. I asked Surly if Susan was going through some sort of time loop. He said that he did not really know, but that he did not feel like getting shot by the hyenas would have ended her story. So I suppose that is a maybe.


I explained that vastness does not necessarily mean big. Sometimes vastness is another way to say something is coming to an end. If this prison ends in vastness, then it just means entering the vastness is like finding your end, or Susan's end. I think this because she was running away from some sort of civilization and into a vastness of nothing, which would spell the end of anything that mattered.

I also question why Susan wanted to leave civilization, which makes me wonder of the real definition of the word. Does it just mean a gathering of people with a semblance of order? I was born, strange as it seems now, in a world intended for little children. Everything was very colorful and happy for as long as I can remember. Why would I want to leave it?

I suppose if I knew I was in a world intended to be destroyed, I might have tried to run away, but I do not know where I would go. If it were not for the trust I found in Surly, I might have simply ceased to exist. I have seen similar things happen within Surly's worlds.

I asked Surly what board game the hyenas would play. I think he may have been joking, because he chuckled, but he said Chutes and Ladders. I have only a vague recollection of that game's concept. I do not think he meant it though. I still cannot see myself playing a board game with someone who is my adversary,

I think that is all I have to say on the matter. I am happy I had a chance to write it out. Hope you enjoy it!

-----

Did you know she went through the whole thing and edited out all of her contractions. I saw her do it. It's a habit she got from me. I think it's pretty cute she's trying to be different.

While you're here, look into another one of my books, "The Nom Nom Chronicles." It's full of people getting eaten in a number of ways. Here is some information:

15.99 - Paperback Edition
5.99 - Kindle Edition


4 comments:

  1. Interesting insight, I like the name Susan by the way. Yea, definitely Chutes and Ladders...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surly is playing with his creation, to amuse himself by seeing things from her perspective. He is also trying to see himself from a DIFFERENT perspective, to understand himself better. Interestingly, this is not an OUTSIDE perspective, because Vixxie is a product of Surly's vary imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You aren't wrong. I'm fully aware of what my relationship with her is. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete