Thursday, March 16, 2023

The Wolf

From Goshi:

Greetings, Buddy Tippet. I am Goshi. I am yet another who has not formerly met you. I was rather new to the ranks of the council when you were roaming about. I am, shall we say, in charge of tourism here in Scritch City. I arrange the orgies, as the joke is commonly made among the political representatives of Nevada.

Despite having our own unique currency and planted quite firmly within the landmass that is known as the United States, we have never suffered any ill financial set backs save for when unusual incidents we cannot control come barreling our way. We have to then find remarkable ways to make everything work out. I believe you are familiar with one such venture perpetrated by our dear Miss Silky and ♥Garry♥ in order to assist in dealing with your former nemesis. All very interesting, I'd say.

Aside from these occasional financial uncertainties, it is the tourism that keeps this unique and wonderful city-state alive. Humans and furries come here because they know they will be free to live out their greatest fantasies. We encourage it. Indeed, many of these fantasies are dangerous, but, if they were entirely safe, they would not have attracted as many people as they already have.

To the United States, Scritch City is an evil place where much blame has been placed. We are the sinners, for we live always in sin. But to the citizens of Scritch City, we are the saviors that free the slaves of a truly oppressive government. The only control we exert is in the name of keeping this place what it is without falling into the ways of those surrounding us. The council oppresses, but we do so in the name of our founding principles: Passion, Pride, and Indulgence. We are what we are, and we intend to keep it that way.

There's another thing that I have come to understand about this city. Please read this carefully so that you understand: You created it. Because of these three simple words, I cannot help but admire your good taste. Although it was created in a failed effort to gain something more akin to the deceptively innocent years of the U.S., I know that it was your true feelings coming out. You wanted Scritch City to be as it is, and I cannot help but give you great praise and thanks for making it happen.

As to the matter of you coming back and living with us, that is not for me to decide. I am not fully in agreement with the majority of the council. I will say that I would like to personally meet you and simply talk. I do not wish to trap you or do anything more than simply ask you a few questions about what inspired you to make this place. That's really all I have to say. Thank you for everything, Buddy Tippet.

3 comments:

  1. Well, this is awkward. I was expecting everyone on the council to be a bunch of conceited, little assholes in some way or another. That was frankly a nice read. I don't remember you, of course, but I guess it wouldn't kill me to talk to you sometime. How about in a chat once my blog is given back to me. I haven't been able to promote my books in forever. I used to do that, you know? I'd promote my books at the end of the blog. Totally helped me out. Can't do that anymore, I guess.

    I'm not trying to take anything out on you. I'm just really pissed lately. Here I am trying to work on this new book, and I can't even promote the ones already published. It's really aggravating. It's nice to see you aren't really one of the ones trying to be aggravating. You are definitely nothing like Jason.

    As far as my inspiration, Goshi, I think that Scritch City was intended to be every terrible idea all placed in one spot. Not that terrible is always bad. Terrible things can be sexy things too. I like how libertine you are, and I am glad that it is making your city profitable.

    In response to your setbacks, I like your attitude. You don't seem super worried about it because you realize that you can adapt. Bad things may come your way, but the council can always find a way around them. Please, for the love of everything wonderful, explain this to Jason. He's acting like an emotional idiot. Also I think he may have taken one or two many trips to Zed. That can't be good for him. That sort of place seems like it's full of power, but it isn't his power... so it'll only make him stupid in the end.

    Actually this all is starting to make a lot of weird sense. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is a breath of fresh air, Goshi actually seems reasonable. Adapt and overcome, is a bit of a motto of mine. Maybe there is hope for those around Jason to get him to see how he is being foolish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buddy Tippet created a city of paradise... only to realize he created a new Sodom. It's liberty is legalized debauchery. It is a dead end because the wages of sin is death. Still, it is for Surly himself to decide whether the indulgent madness of Scritch City is "sin" or righteousness. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete